Tuesday, August 2, 2011

baby cupcakes

ok so today's post I"m going to walk you through the stuffed cupcake from start to finish.
I took my favorite white cupcake recipe and made a couple dozen.
Then I took a large tip, flipped it over and cored out the centers of the cupcakes.

It's summer time!!! And that means I have fresh raspberries! I whipped up some whip cream
Added some crushed raspberries a little sugar and Voila!!! raspberry cream filling!

Now I took the tip I used above to core out the centers, put it in a bag
filled the bag with the raspberry cream filling, and piped it into the holes.

Then I made a soft blue vanilla buttercream, and swirled the top of the cupcakes.
Added a few fondant stars. Cut out cupcake wrappers from some star paper I had.
(I got the wrapper stencil from skiptomylou.org, http://www.skiptomylou.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/CupcakeWrapper.pdf  )

Then I made a little gumpaste boy, gave him a snuggly blanket!
Everyone loved them! And they tasted amazing!!

1 comment:

  1. So that's how you do it!! I might just have to give this a try. P.S I found a recipe the other day for a Mahogany Cake. Think I might give it a try. I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete